EPSO working groups
Global Plant Research including Developing Countries WoGr
Next activities: Input to the activities of the Global Plant Council - lead - Wilhelm Gruissem; Follow EPSO-FAO workshop June 2012 - lead Charlie Spillane & Jean-Christophe Glaszmann
GPC: Over 80 EPSO experts kindly offered to help develop and work on the nine focus areas identified by the Global Plant Council. Click here for the information. GPC is currently recruiting an Executive Director to help the Executive Board move first focus areas (1, 3 and 7) forward. We will contact our experts again beginning next year to get started. If you still want to offer an expert, please contact Karin Metzlaff providing the required information: click here.
Developing countries: Several EPSO experts already replied information on their ongoing and planned work with developing countries. Click here for a short briefing. Please provide information as shown below to Lisa Jochum to still add information from you / your colleagues: click here.
- FAO: New FAO report focuses on investments in developing countries, urging caution on large-scale land acquisitions, "Involving local farmers is key to success of foreign investment"
- FAO: Hunger Run 2012 and Crescita SMS Campaign - A race and an SMS Campaign to help those affected by drought and poor harvests in Kenya, 17.10.2012
- The Global Plant Council: increasing the impact of plant research to meet global challenges, 6.9.2012
- EPSO: Plant Research to Save the Planet, 12.8.2009
Jean-Christophe Glaszmann, CIRAD, FR
Heribert Hirt, INRA, FR
Christian Hardtke, Univ Lausanne, CH
Jonathan Jones, SL, UK
Karin Metzlaff, EPSO
Uli Schurr, Phytosphere Julich, DE
Joachim Schiemann, JKI, DE
Charlie Spillane, NUI Galway, IE
Chiara Tonelli, Univ Milano, IT
- Vacant PhD positions ‘Develop genetically engineered mammalian and plant host cells with defined pharmacological potential’, University of Copenhagen - deadline 3.6.2013
- Engineer / post doc expert in cloning, construct preparation and molecular characterisation of plants, CIRAD, France
- Post doctoral fellow (m/f), Laboratory of Tropical Crop Improvement, Division of Plant Biotechnics, KU Leuven, Belgium - deadline 15.6.2013