EPSO working groups
FP7 News and Events
- 13-14 October 2009, Brussels, Belgium - Knowledge4Innovation, the 1st European Innovation Summit
- 18 September 2009, Brussels, Belgium - Africa call (FP7-AFRICA-2010) information day 'A targeted research effort to meet the challenges for Water, Food Security and Better Health for Africa'
- 17 September 2009, Brussels, Belgium - Call information day 'Environment (including climate change)'
- 14 September 2009, Rome, Italy - Conference on 'Food, agriculture and fisheries, and biotechnology' Theme
- 31 August - 2 September 2009, Gothenburg, Sweden - Conference 'The Knowledge Triangle Shaping the Future of Europe'
29 April 2009 - FP7 Progress Report
The European Commission publishes a Communication and Staff Working Document on the progress made under FP7, presenting a detailed assessment of the implementation and the
achievements during the first two years of FP7.
13 February 2009 - First FP7 Monitoring Report
The European Commission publishes the first FP7 monitoring report, which covers the first year of FP7 (2007). The document, the first of a series of annual reports, explains the new monitoring system, presents an analysis of the main elements of the overall FP7 implementation, describes some new elements and specific fields of FP, describes the current simplification process and assesses the impacts and achievements in the first year.
15 September 2008 - The European Commission publishes a 'Practical guide to EU funding opportunities for research and innovation'.
The guide's aim is to help researchers find the right funding programme for their projects. It provides a description of each programme including the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) and the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP), as well as the Structural funds (European Regional Development Fund and European Social Fund) and the Cohesion Fund, explaining their structures, their overall budgets, who is eligible and how to apply.
16 July 2008 - The European Community signs a Science & Technical cooperation agreement with New Zealand
The agreement will allow for increased international cooperation and participation in research programmes for New Zealand and European researchers. For example, through negotiating the agreement New Zealand has been able to participate in the International Research Staff Exchange Scheme administered by the European Commission, which supports collaboration between institutions based in Europe and in countries such as New Zealand.The agreement will enter into force before the end of 2008.
- 16 July 2008 - Commission sets out legal framework for European research infrastructures
Latest calls (check here for the latest information on ERC calls)
- 04 May 2009 - The deadline for the EU-Brazil coordinated call on second-generation biofuels has been postponed due to a delay in the launch of the Brazilian call. For technical reasons, a provisional deadline has been set for 19 June. However this date may be modified when the Brazilian call is published, in order to align both deadlines.
- 24 April 2009 - People call for proposals on industry-academia partnerships published. The deadline for submitting proposals is 27 July 2009.
- 18 March 2009 - Several People calls published.
- 7 January 2009 - The European Commission and the Ministry for Science and Technology of Brazil issued a coordinated call on second-generation biofuels under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
For more detailed information on FP7, read the FP7 broker (for EPSO members only)