EPSO working groups
EPSO workshops - General outlines
- Bring disciplines (and possibly technologies) together
- Multi-disciplinary (distant areas in plant science; plant science and other science disciplines) -> crossing borders between disciplines; bring scientists together who normally would not work together; sharing of know-how and resources; identify future joint R&D activities.
Submission of proposals
- Scientists are invited to submit an outline for a workshop they would like to organise. Click here to submit a proposal.
- Deadline for submitting a workshop for 2012 is 1 December 2011.
- The EPSO board makes the final selection.
- Each workshop can have 1-3 organiser(s)
- Participants/speakers by invitation only, all expenses covered
- The organisers submit a list of invited speakers who would be prepared to give talks if the workshop would be approved.
- The organisers should bring visionary scientists together from only partly overlapping disciplines where collaborations would provide new frontiers in science and stimulate new interactions on the subjects discussed.
- Max 40 participants (incl. organisers, speakers), all by invitation only
- 2 days
Public information & Outcome
- Organiser to write a white paper for EPSO
- Abstract book, can be put online if wanted
- Participants complete a questionnaire at the end of the workshop
- Experience shows that workshop costs typically amount to about 20 000EUR. The maximum support provided by EPSO is 5 000EUR, therefore EPSO encourages workshop organisers to find financial support for the workshop. Should they not have other support, EPSO ask workshop organisers to submit a proposal to ESF Exploratory Workshops to finance most of the workshop costs. For more information on the submission procedure, click here.
Number of workshops per year
- In a first phase we will have two workshops in the year when there is no EPSO conference and only one in the year when there is an EPSO conference.
- At a later stage more workshops per year might be organized.
- EPSO would appreciate opportunities to a fixed location to hold its workshops.