EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Read our latest newsletter in the Members Section. With news of a new EPSO President, a focus on Social Media, and a plant scientist writes from Kiev.
- FAO: Food Price Index sees sharpest rise in months, 6.3.2014
- World Farmers’ Organisation (WFO): WFO General Assembly 25-29.3.2014, Buenos Aires - Key themes: Food security, climate change, innovation, youth, women, value chain, 4.3.2014
- EP: On 25.2.2014, the Parliament adopted a report on plant breeding, including request to support the Fascination of Plants Day, 3.3.2014
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme | Registration early bird deadline 7.3.2014 | Abstract Submission deadline 21.3.2014, 3.3.2014
- EC: Switzerland currently considered only third country in H2020 (reversion to associate country status subject to negotiations) | FAQ on news rules | EC statement, 26.2.14
- ERA-CAPS: ANR in France withdraws from 2nd ERA-CAPS call, 24.2.14
- EFSA: European Food Safety Authority scientific workshop on RNAi based GM on 4-5.6.2014 in Brussels, 11.2.2014
- ERA-IB and ETB: Joint call Industrial Biotechnology, deadline to submit proposals 31.3.2014, 5.2.2014
- ERA-SUSFOOD: Joint Call, deadline for pre-proposals 1.4.2014, 5.2.2014
- EC: Horizon 2020 Call for expression of interest for evaluators, 3.2.2014
- EPSO: Horizon 2020 Briefing for EPSO Members in Members Section, Updated 27.1.14
- BBC: Purple tomatoes: Could GM crop be food of the future? Article | Video, 24.1.2014
- Plant ETP: Press Release ‘European Parliament AGRI Committee underlines value of plant breeding sector’, 24.1.2014
- FACCE-JPI: 3rd Newsletter "Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change" from 3-year anniversary event, 21.1.13
- ERA-CAPS: 2nd transational call "Expanding the European Research Area in Molecular Plant Sciences II", deadline 14 March 2014, 14.1.14
- The Guardian: UK environment secretary Owen Paterson: 'Embrace GM or risk becoming 'museum of world farming', 7.1.2014
- FAO: West Africa has potential to strengthen its agricultural sector, 18.12.13
- ERC: Statement on the new ERC President, Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, 17.12.13
- EPSO: Short version of Horizon 2020 Briefing for EPSO Members for Public Access, 17.12.13
- EC: Horizon 2020 launched | Work Programmes: ERC | Marie Curie | Infrastructures | Food | Health | Climate, 11.12.13
- EPSO: 3.12.13
- Journal of Food and Chemical Toxicology: Seralini et al. asked to retract study claiming carcinogenic effects of herbicide treated GM maize on rats, 28.11.13
- EPSO: EPSO welcomes José Pío Beltrán as new President, 26.11.13
- EPSO: Achievements and Future of EPSO, 1.9.2013
- EPSO: Science Based Policy, 1.9.2013
Upcoming EPSO events:
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme | Registration | Abstract Submission
The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" will take place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015
Recent EPSO events:
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
- 7th EPSO Conference, 1-4 September 2013, Greece - - daily highlights and science policy talks online, 17.9.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.