EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Read the newsletter in the Members Section. With information and news from the EPSO working groups and details of changes to COST Actions.
- FAO: Genetic diversity a hidden tool in coping with climate change in new book on the roles of genetic resources for food and agriculture, 19.1.2015
- European Parliament: The plenary voted in favour of a member state opt-out for GMO cultivation, 480 in favour, 159 against, 58 abstentions, 13.01.2014
- FACCE-JPI: Call for proposals FACCE SURPLUS Sustainable and Resilient agriculture for food and non-food systems, Deadline 4th of March, 7.1.2014
- EPSO: The Fascination of Plants Day 2015 is launched, with 43 countries who have confirmed already | See success stories from 2013, 18.12.2014
- EPSO: There are over 70 plant science positions advertised in our Careers Section, including 14 postdocs in Germany, 11.12.14
- EPSO: New Working Group ‘Forestry research’ Meeting report | EPSO members are invited to join by contacting us, 25.11.14
- EPSO: Our updated Briefing on Horizon 2020 Calls in 2015 for EPSO Members is now available in the Members Section, 7.11.14
- Klumper & Qaim: A Meta-Analysis of the Impacts of Genetically Modified Crops; On average, GM adoption has reduced chemical pesticide use by 37%, increased crop yields by 22%, and increased farmer profits by 68%, 3.11.14
- IPCC: Synthesis of Fifth Assessment Report: Climate change threatens irreversible and dangerous impacts, but options exist to limit its effects, Press release, Summary for policy makers, 2.11.2014
- 21 of Europe's most outstanding plant scientists: Europe needs to think again about the role of plant research, including the use of genetically modified plants, Open letter, Press release, 30.10.2014
- BBSRC: Statement on New techniques for genetic crop improvement | Announcement Note, 28.10.2014
- EPSO: Working Group Meeting ‘Towards longer term partnerships of scientists from Europe and Developing Countries’, Meeting report 16.10.2014
- IFPRI: 2014 Global Hunger Index: levels of hunger in many developing countries decrease but two billion suffering from hidden hunger, 13.10.14
- EPSO: Updated Briefing on the EIP on “Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability” for EPSO Members available in the Members Section, 13.10.14
- EPSO: Submitted input to EC consultation on Science With and For Society, 9.10.2014
- EC: New European Bioeconomy Observatory website launched, 8.10.2014
- Gates Foundation: Submit applications for 3 Grand Challenges (Women and Girls at the Center of Development; Integrated Solutions for Healthy Birth, Growth, and Development; New Interventions for Global Health) between 4.11.2014 and 13.1.2015; 7.10.2014
- FAO: “Paradigm shift” needed towards sustainable agriculture and family farming; options including agro-ecology, climate-smart agriculture, biotechnology and genetically modified organisms should be explored, 3.10.2014
- EC: New communication adopted on international cooperation for Horizon 2020 | More info on our H2020 Members Page, 26.9.2014
- EPSO: Plant scientists endorse the position of the Chief Scientific Adviser to the President of the European Commission Open letter, 25.7.2014 - contact us at EPSO to become a signatory: Open letter with updated signatures last update: 25.9.2014
- Plant ETP and EPSO: Submission to EC consultation on Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 2, 30.6.2014
Upcoming EPSO events:
The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" will take place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015 | FoPD Website | Success stories from FoPD 2013
Recent EPSO events:
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme, Programme of experts for EPSO stand
- EPSO: 13 countries celebrated the unofficial Fascination of Plants Day 2014 | The 3rd Fascination of Plants Day will take place on 18th of May 2015, 18.5.14
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.