EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Read the newsletter in the Members Section. With information on 3 Statements on Agricultural Technologies, Plants ETP's launch of Innovation, Research and Education Action Plans & first success rates from H2020 2014.
Over 580 institutions from 56 countries welcomed thousands of visitors to the 3rd FoPD. Events are continuing throughout the week, look at the FoPD website on your country page to see what is happening in your country.
- EPSO: South Africa and Thailand will both hold events during the Fascination of Plants Day, bringing the total to 54 countries participating! 15.5.2015
- EC: New mechanism for scientific advice announced; High level shall be composed of seven independent experts chosen on excellence only, 13.5.2015
- EC: Consultations have been launched on the evaluation of the 7th Framework Programme - Deadline 22 May, and the Role of Research in Global Food and Nutrition Security - Deadline 1 September, 28.4.2015
- EurActiv: EU chief scientist post still vacant, could be scrapped, 23.4.2015
- EPSO: Speakers confirmed for EC–EPSO EXPO Conference on plant breeding techniques on 14 July 2015 at the CNR headquarters in Milano, 1.4.2015
- EPSO: Over 50 career opportunities in plant science in our Career Section, 2.4.2014
- Plants for the Future ETP: Launch Action Plans for Innovation, Research and Education, summary, programme | Event Report, 24.3.2015
- EC: Ukraine joins Horizon 2020 to work with EU researchers, 20.3.2015
- EU: Possibility for Member States to restrict or prohibit the cultivation of GMOs in their territory will come into force on the 31st of March, 18.3.2015
- EPSO: Crop Genetic Improvement Technologies, Statement, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Plant breeders’ rights and patent rights, Statement, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: GMO cultivation – national opt-out, Statement, 26.2.2015
- ISAAA: Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops 2014, Biotech crop hectarage increases for 19th year | Executive Summary, 28.01.2014
- EPSO: New Working Group ‘Forestry research’ Meeting report | EPSO members are invited to join by contacting us, 25.11.14
- EPSO: Briefing on Horizon 2020 Calls in 2015 for EPSO Members available in the Members Section, 7.11.14
- IPCC: Synthesis of Fifth Assessment Report: Climate change threatens irreversible and dangerous impacts, but options exist to limit its effects, Press release, Summary for policy makers, 2.11.2014
- EPSO: Working Group Meeting ‘Towards longer term partnerships of scientists from Europe and Developing Countries’, Meeting report 16.10.2014
- EPSO: Updated Briefing on the EIP on “Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability” for EPSO Members available in the Members Section, 13.10.14
Upcoming EPSO events:
The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" will take place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015 | FoPD Website | Success stories from FoPD 2013
Recent EPSO events:
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme, Programme of experts for EPSO stand
- EPSO: 13 countries celebrated the unofficial Fascination of Plants Day 2014 | The 3rd Fascination of Plants Day will take place on 18th of May 2015, 18.5.14
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.