EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Entries are open for the first EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award.
Applications are invited from PhD students working on either fundamental or applied aspects of research on plants.
- EC: European Commission joins Brazil in €10M biofuels research programme using cellulosic feedstock, submissions open May 2016, 19.11.2015
- EPSO: Draft report on the EC-EPSO EXPO Conference on ‘Crop genetic improvement technologies’ in Milano published, 17.11.2015
- Swedish Board of Agriculture: Confirms interpretation that plant genomes edited with CRISPR-Cas9 do not fall under EU GMO definition, 17.11.2015
- EPSO: Call for applications for the 1st EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award, 5.11.15, deadline 30.11.2015; EPSO encourages the development of ideas and imaginative thinking in the plant sciences; Call; Application form
- EU: Science4Refugees initiative launched, helping refugee scientists and researchers find suitable jobs, 30.10.2015
- EPSO Briefing on EC Horizon 2020 Official Work Programmes 2016/17, 19.10.2015 on the members’ only website. All information for plant scientists in one document and additional researched information e.g. success rates WP 2014 calls, NEW: Hints on ERC, Marie-Curie and Societal Challenges proposals, Starting fact and policy collection.
- EC: Horizon 2020 work programmes for 2016-2017 published, 2016 final, 2017 indicative, 14.10.2015: ERC, Marie Curie, Infrastructures, LEITs Biotechnology, SC1 (Health), SC2 (Bioeconomy), SC3 (Energy), SC5 (Climate)
- EPSO: Over 40 career opportunities in plant science in our Career Section, 14.10.2015
- FAO: The State of Food and Agriculture 2015, 13.10.2015
- EPSO & Plant ETP: Celebration of the 3rd Fascination of Plants Day with an interactive exhibition at Expo 2015 in Milano; Press release, Programme, List of stands, Facebook Gallery, 7.10.2015
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation on the Role of Research in Global Food and Nutrition Security (summary reply), 1.9.2015; completed online questionnaire
- EASAC: Statement on New Breeding Techniques, 13.7.2015
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation ‘Towards a Long-term strategy for European research and innovation until 2020 and beyond’, submission summary and completed questionnaire, calling to urgently strengthen collaborative basic research, supporting all technologies equally, including improvement of yield and yield stability and plant compounds for human nutrition and health, 3.7.2015. Based on the EC background paper with impact on the 2nd part of the Horizon 2020 and beyond (FP9)
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2015-2024: OECD – FAO expect stronger production, lower prices over coming decade, 1.7.2015
- EPSO: Submission to EC Public Consultation on Framework Programme 7 Calls for better support for collaborative basic research, 26.5.2015
- Plants for the Future ETP: Launch Action Plans for Innovation, Research and Education, summary, programme | Event Report, 24.3.2015
- EU: Possibility for Member States to restrict or prohibit the cultivation of GMOs in their territory came into force on the 31st of March, 18.3.2015
- EPSO: Statement: Crop Genetic Improvement Technologies, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Statement: Plant breeders’ rights and patent rights, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Statement: GMO cultivation – national opt-out, 26.2.2015
- Breaking News Archive | List of EPSO Publications & Statements
Upcoming EPSO events:
Recent EPSO events:
- EPSO: EC-EPSO EXPO Conference on ‘Crop genetic improvement technologies’ on 14 July 2015 at the CNR headquarter in Milano was a major success with excellent and well balanced presentations and very open discussions - see discussion on twitter hashtag #expocrops. Read the background information here, 16.7.2015
Over 580 institutions from 56 countries welcomed thousands of visitors to the 3rd FoPD. Some events are continuing after the day itself, look at the FoPD website on your country page to see what is happening in your country.
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme, Programme of experts for EPSO stand
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.