EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Log in to read news on Horizon 2020, EPSO's future priorities and our latest activites
- European Parliament: Reports published on Technological solutions for sustainable agriculture in the EU and Enhancing innovation & economic development in future European farm management, 25.5.2016
- EPSO: 31 positions posted on the careers page, 25.5.2016
- EPSO/FESPB: Plant Biology Europe Conference in Prague 26-30.6.2016 - All plenary and keynote speakers confirmed, 23.5.2016
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation on PRIMA (Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area) in Horizon 2020 (summary reply 23.5.2016), completed online questionnaire 22.4.2016
- FAO: Study “Plates, pyramids, planet- Developments in national healthy and sustainable dietary guidelines: a state of play assessment” by FAO and the Food Climate Research Network (FCRN), 19.5.2016, shows that promoting good nutrition can go hand in hand with addressing sustainability and climate change and fundamental role of plant science / sector in this systems approach. Press release
ERA-CAPS: Update to 3rd ERA-CAPS call preannouncement, 12.5.2016 – Bottom-up collaboration in molecular plant sciences. Funding organisations that indicate participation in this call: FWF (AT), FNRS (BE), DFG (DE), NCN (PL), MPNTR (Serbia), SNSF (CH), BBSRC (UK), NSF (USA). Some countries allow only 1 PI from their country per proposal – see National Annexes upon call launch. Foreseen timing: call announcement 23.6.2016, deadline pre-proposals 28.9.2016
EPSO: 1Biorefineries Working Group Submission to the EC consultation ‘A sustainable bioenergy policy for the period after 2020', 10.5.2016
EPSO: Analysis of Horizon 2020 Calls in 2014 for plant scientists available in Members Section, 3.5.2016
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation on SC5 - Potential priorities for research and innovation in the 2018-20 Work Programme of Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge “Climate action, Environment, Resource efficiency and Raw materials”, 8.4.2016
ERA-CAPS: 3rd ERA-CAPS call preannouncement, 4.4.2016 – Bottom-up collaboration in molecular plant sciences including e.g. Food and nutrition security, Non-food crops, Adaptation to a changing climate, biotic/abiotic stress. In addition, a data-oriented sub-call is considered. Already funding organisations from 7 countries indicated participation in this call. Foreseen timing: call announcement 23.6.2016, deadline pre-proposals 28.9.2016.
Plant ETP: Study on "The Economic, Social, and Environmental Value of Plant Breeding in the European Union" published, 15.3.2016
- LIFE Programme: Indicative planning for the 2016 LIFE Call, 8.2.2016
- EC: New European "Food Research Area" announced, to be launched in mid-October 2016, 28.1.2016
- EC: DG AGRI major conference on Agricultural research and innovation strategy in Brussels 27-28.1.2016. Presentations online, 28.1.2016
- EPSO: EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award – winners Ruie LIU (fundamental plant research) and Malaika K EBERT (applied plant research). Ruie and Malaika will present their research at the Plant Biology Europe EPSO/FESPB congress in Prague 26th-30th June, 18.1.2016
- EPSO: Updated Statement: Crop Genetic Improvement Technologies, 18.12.2015
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation on the Draft “Strategic approach to agricultural research and innovation”, 15.12.2015 Submission summary and completed questionnaire
- EPSO: Updated Briefing on EC Horizon 2020 Official Work Programmes 2016/17, 11.12.2015 Includes all information for plant scientists in one document
- Plant-ETP: Press Release on the European Parliament-Plant ETP Dinner Workshop 'Climate change - The Role of Plants' that took place on 1st December, 8.12.2015
- EC: Adopted an ambitious new Circular Economy Package, Bioeconomy is one of the main contributors to implement this policy, 2.12.2015
- Breaking News Archive | List of EPSO Publications & Statements
Upcoming EPSO events:
- Plant Biology Europe EPSO/FESPB 2016 Congress 26-30.6.2016, Prague, All plenary and keynote speakers confirmed. EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award – winners Ruie LIU (fundamental plant research) and Malaika K EBERT (applied plant research). Ruie and Malaika will present their research at the conference.
- Fascination of Plants Day 2017 - Join the bienniel global celebration of Plant Science organised under the umbrella of EPSO.
Recent EPSO events:
- EPSO: EC-EPSO EXPO Conference on ‘Crop genetic improvement technologies’ on 14 July 2015 at the CNR headquarter in Milano was a major success with excellent and well balanced presentations and very open discussions - see discussion on twitter hashtag #expocrops. Read the background information here, 16.7.2015
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.