EPSO working groups
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
EPSO’s role in the future of global plant science challenges – read the vision of EPSOs president Heribert Hirt, 2011
- This Saturday, May 18th is the 2nd International Fascination of Plants Day 18 May 2013 in 54 countries !
has been launched under the umbrella of EPSO. The goal of this activity is to get as many people as possible around the world fascinated by plants and enthused about the importance of plant science for agriculture, in sustainably producing food, as well as for horticulture, forestry, and all of the non-food products such as paper, timber, chemicals, energy, and pharmaceuticals. The role of plants in environmental conservation will also be a key message.
Over 991 events are organised by over 674 institutes, botanical gardens, clubs, schools and many other communities across 54 countries worldwide! See for yourself in the facts file, press release and on the FoPD website what is happening in your country and elsewhere.
- 7th EPSO Conference, 1-4 September 2013, Greece: Registration and abstract submission until 30 June
- EPSO: Workshop 'Horticulture for the 21st Century' will be 11-12 November 2013 in Berlin, DE
- NBT Platform: 7 factsheets available on new breeding techniques, 30.4.2013.
- EPSO: Interview K Metzlaff on Fascination of Plants Day 2013 - goals and invitation for everybody to join in, 25.4.2013
- EFSA call for tender on feed additives - preparatory work to support the re-evaluation of technological feed additives, deadline 24.5.2013
- EFSA call for tender on GMOs - to prepare documents evaluating the bioinformatic analyses of incoming GMO application dossiers, deadline 24.5.2013
- EPSO: Submitting input to the EC’s consultation on Organic Agriculture in Europe, 28.03.2013
- ISAAA: First time developing countries have grown more hectares of biotech crops than industrialized countries, contributing to food security and further alleviating poverty, 20.02.2013
- EPSO: Comment to editorial A Glover: Is there opportunity in risk and uncertainty?, 5.2.2013
Upcoming EPSO events:
- 'Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12 November 2013, Berlin (DE)
- 7th EPSO Conference, 1-4 September 2013, Greece
Recent Recent EPSO events:
- Joint FESPB/EPSO Plant Biology Congress, 29.07-03.08 2012, Germany
- UCD-EPSO symposium: Can we feed the 9 billion people or will we starve?, ESOF 2012, Dublin (IE), July 2012
- FAO-EPSO Workshop: Sustainable Crop Production, Rome (IT), June 2012
- Fascination of Plants Day 18 May 2012
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.
- Vacant PhD positions ‘Develop genetically engineered mammalian and plant host cells with defined pharmacological potential’, University of Copenhagen - deadline 3.6.2013
- Engineer / post doc expert in cloning, construct preparation and molecular characterisation of plants, CIRAD, France
- Post doctoral fellow (m/f), Laboratory of Tropical Crop Improvement, Division of Plant Biotechnics, KU Leuven, Belgium - deadline 15.6.2013