EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Read the newsletter in the Members Section. With information on 18th May 2015 Fascination of Plants Day, a European Commission-EPSO Conference on Crop Improvement Technologies at the World EXPO in Milano, and much more.
- EPSO & Plant ETP: Celebration of the 3rd Fascination of Plants Day with an interactive exhibition at Expo 2015 in Milano; Press release, Programme, List of stands, Facebook Gallery, 7.10.2015
- Plant ETP: Fascination of Plants Day exhibition in Milan on 6 and 7 October 2015; Programme; Press Release, 29.9.2015
- EMBO: Gender quotas in academia – challenges and opportunities, report, 23.9.2015, announcement
- EPSO Briefing on EC Horizon 2020 DRAFT Work Programmes 2016/17, 18.9.2015 on the members’ only website. All information for plant scientists in one document and additional researched information e.g. success rates WP 2014 calls, evaluator database, hints on ERC, partner search
- EPSO: Over 30 plant science job opportunities are listed in our Career Section, 16.09.2015
- EC: Horizon 2020 Draft Work Programmes 2016-17 are pre-published, 11.09.2015: Marie Curie, Infrastructures, LEITs Biotechnology, SC1 (Health), SC2 (Bioeconomy), SC3 (Energy), SC5 (Climate); Legal publication expected October 14; EPSO will publish briefing tailored for plant scientists this week
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation on the Role of Research in Global Food and Nutrition Security (summary reply), 1.9.2015; completed online questionnaire
- SEB/GPC symposium on Stress Resilience in Brazil, 23-25.10.2015; details, registration and abstract submission, 17.8.2015
- ERC: The ERC has launched its Work Programme for 2016, the Starting Grants Call is now open, deadline 17 November, 29.7.2015
- EPSO: EC-EPSO EXPO Conference on ‘Crop genetic improvement technologies’ on 14 July 2015 at the CNR headquarter in Milano was a major success with excellent and well balanced presentations and very open discussions - read the first impressions here & see discussion on twitter #expocrops. Read the background information here, 16.7.2015
- EASAC: Statement on New Breeding Techniques, 13.7.2015
- EPSO: Submission to EC consultation ‘Towards a Long-term strategy for European research and innovation until 2020 and beyond’, submission summary and completed questionnaire, calling to urgently strengthen collaborative basic research, supporting all technologies equally, including improvement of yield and yield stability and plant compounds for human nutrition and health, 3.7.2015. Based on the EC background paper with impact on the 2nd part of the Horizon 2020 and beyond (FP9)
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2015-2024: OECD – FAO expect stronger production, lower prices over coming decade, 1.7.2015
- FAO: Climate Change and Food Systems: Global Assessments and implications for food security and trade, book published 18.6.2015, Press release, (Assessing e.g. global food production patterns, expected impacts on crop nutrition quality, rising water scarcity; Drawing policy implications)
- EC: Calls for LIFE Action Grants in the areas of Environment and Climate Action, 1.6.2015; Submission deadlines: Climate Change Mitigation / Climate Change Adaptation / Climate Governance & Information - 15 Sep 2015; Environment & Resource Efficiency - 1 Oct2015; Nature & Biodiversity / Environmental Governance & Information - 7 Oct 2015
- EPSO: Submission to EC Public Consultation on Framework Programme 7 Calls for better support for collaborative basic research, 26.5.2015
Over 580 institutions from 56 countries welcomed thousands of visitors to the 3rd FoPD. Some events are continuing after the day itself, look at the FoPD website on your country page to see what is happening in your country.
- EC: New mechanism for scientific advice announced; High level shall be composed of seven independent experts chosen on excellence only, 13.5.2015
- Plants for the Future ETP: Launch Action Plans for Innovation, Research and Education, summary, programme | Event Report, 24.3.2015
- EU: Possibility for Member States to restrict or prohibit the cultivation of GMOs in their territory came into force on the 31st of March, 18.3.2015
- EPSO: Statement: Crop Genetic Improvement Technologies, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Statement: Plant breeders’ rights and patent rights, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Statement: GMO cultivation – national opt-out, 26.2.2015
Upcoming EPSO events:
Recent EPSO events:
- EPSO: EC-EPSO EXPO Conference on ‘Crop genetic improvement technologies’ on 14 July 2015 at the CNR headquarter in Milano was a major success with excellent and well balanced presentations and very open discussions - see discussion on twitter hashtag #expocrops. Read the background information here, 16.7.2015
The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" took place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015 | FoPD Website | Success stories
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme, Programme of experts for EPSO stand
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.